WP3 P2

 I found these resources by searching for public health databases on USC Libraries. There were a lot to choose from so I tried to pull from a mix of global databases, like the World Health Organization, and local resources like the Los Angeles Department of Public Health. After finding these databases I searched using keywords like transgender, public health, and healthcare. These terms are often associated with plenty of issues and so it was easy to locate specific articles and resources that detailed a variety of issues that transgender individuals face. One article in particular that I think will be extremely helpful will be “Breaking down barriers to healthcare access for transgender people in Argentina” as it provides not just looks at specific issues that transgender people face but also individual accounts from people directly affected by access or lack thereof to gender-affirming healthcare. Another useful resource is data from the LADPH on the disproportionate impact on transgender individuals of HIV/AIDS.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/dhsp/Presentations/AdvancingTransgender8-09.pdf
https://www.paho.org/en/news/17-4-2018-breaking-down-barriers-healthcare-access-transgender-people-argentina

Comments

  1. I also found my sources from USC libraries using certain keywords related to healthcare. I also used government websites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also recommend finding sources on what the government has done for transgender people in the past.

      Delete
  2. I found much of my resources from a mix of USC libraries and proquest health. I think these sources are good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project 1 Blog 1

Project 1 Blog 2

Final Blog